Monday, January 2, 2012

Life Purpose

By Theresa Blume

There are many people looking for truth, trying to find themselves, trying to figure out what their purpose in life is.

It's not something you will find overnight. First, you need to know what your focus is. After a lifetime of searching, I come from the focus that there is one God and from Him I will find answers. I am not here to argue with anyone about your beliefs. I am a truth seeker. I test everything and search the answers for myself.

My purpose in creating this blog is to share with you what I find, as any scientist, philosopher, artist, or explorer is responsible to share. If you have a great painting, a great scientific discovery, a great gift, it does no one any good unless you share/express it.

Since I believe there is one God, and He is the ultimate Presence, this much I know for sure. I want His approval, His blessings, and His protection. Whatever I have to do to get that is the focus of my life, which makes my life's purpose clear cut. How I get His approval, His blessings and His protection is my quest, so I study the instructions that He gave us in the Bible, and I study other spiritual material, and I also spend time seeking, speaking to, and listening to God Himself.

Since it's the beginning of a new year, I think it's a great time to start figuring out what we believe in. Maybe this will help you in your quest. I invite your comments and thoughts, as I am continuing to learn myself.
If you don't like what I have written, you don't have to read it. This is not intended to persuade anyone, recruit them, or lecture to them. But if you do like it, and feel like there's someone else who might benefit from reading this, you have my permission to share it. Hopefully together we can lean on each other, learn from each other, and become strong together.

Thanks for reading today's exhortation.

Romans 12:6-8
"Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, let us use them;  if prophesy, let us prophesy in proportion to our faith; or ministry, let us use it in our ministering; he who teaches, in teaching; he who exhorts, in exhortation; he who gives, with liberality; he who leads, with diligence; he who shows mercy, with cheerfulness."

No comments:

Post a Comment